Thursday, December 29, 2016

Decoy #1 - watercolor

watercolor, 2016
available, 9"x12"

      I decided to continue a sporting theme after the success of Lady Bug last week. Right now it's just fishing lures and duck decoys, but I might expand to other subjects when I get tired of ducks and plastic "fish." These are fun to do. At this size I can complete one in a couple hours. I'm also seeing a welcome fusing of realism and impressionism in spots, the "calligraphy" and "suggestion" many more accomplished artists talk about. Another interesting rabbit hole to head down.

      And, if I don't see you again before Saturday, have a happy new year!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love that! I'm impressed that you created that in only a couple of hours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've used your watercolors... the smoothness is very impressive!
    I have a duck decoy that keeps me company in my studio (it was my grandfather's).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice. I have a decoy duck that looks just like this. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete