Monday, December 14, 2015

Immaculate Conception - watercolor

watercolor, 2015
available, 11"x15"

      Virtual Paintout is in Ecuador this month and without even realizing it I chose the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Cuenca. It's fitting that I chose this particular church just before Christmas. But I didn't even know the name of the church until after I'd finished the painting and looked it up. Anyway, I'm quite happy with how this one worked out, though the perspective is odd since the right side of the building is almost perfectly in line with the viewing position. It looks like a flat Hollywood false front. And, of course, Google's photos always play havoc with vertical perspective, which I try to correct in Photoshop and again when doing the initial drawing. Still, I don't always get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment