Thursday, November 26, 2015

In Front Of St. Philips - watercolor

watercolor, 2015
available, 11"x15"

      Spent a weekend in Charleston, SC this September just a couple weeks before the historic October flooding. There's a lot I like about this one, though I wasn't sure at first. I had done the background buildings too dark at first and had to rinse them out to lighten them sufficiently. I think I got a good morning haze/aerial perspective effect from an apparently happy accident. It isn't always about whether or not you make mistakes. It's also about how you handle and learn from them when they show up.

      Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Anthony your art is exciting. You paint with the skill of a master. I am so impressed with your water colors. You are right about mistakes. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete